Extended Care/Community Living Center
Community Nursing Home
The Community Living Center (CLC) is designed to provide a safe, homelike environment for veterans who have a wide variety of medical, nursing and rehab needs. The following services are offered in the Community Living Center:
- CIIRP Unit for acute rehabilitation
• Length of stay: 2-4 weeks
- GEMU (Geriatric Evaluation Management Unit)
• Patient must be age 65 or older
• Length of stay: 30 days
- Nursing Home (Maintenance) level of therapy
• Length of stay: 30-90 days
- Long Term IV Antibiotic therapy
• PICC, Hickmann Catheter, Portacath is in place.
- Radiation Therapy
• Treatment plan is initiated by Radiation/Oncology.
- Respite Care
• Allows caregiver to take time off.
• Maximum respite is 30 days/year.
• Inpatient social work involvement required.
- Supportive Care Unit (SCU)
• Provides comfort care to patients with terminal diagnosis.
- Permanent placement
• Patient requires long term nursing home care and meets veteran eligibility for placement in a VA Community Living Center.
• Inpatient social work involvement required
More about the Community Nursing Home...