James J. Peters VA Medical Center
The James J. Peters VA Medical Center, Bronx, NY is offering the Moderna-19 Vaccine at no cost in phases according to CDC and national VA guidelines. Our COVID-19 vaccine supply is limited. Eligible Veterans at this time are:
• Veterans who receive their VHA care at JJPVAMC or any of our outpatient clinics in Queens, White Plains or Yonkers Clinics AND
• Have NOT had any vaccinations in the 14 days prior to receiving the COVID-19 vaccine AND
• Have NOT had any infusion of convalescent plasma or COVID related monoclonal antibody products in the 90 days prior.
If you meet the above eligibility criteria for the vaccine, please call (718)741-4640 to schedule an appointment. We also have limited walk- in slots available between 8am and 1pm Mon-Sat. You can also send a secure message via My HealtheVet to your primary care provider to schedule an appointment. The Moderna Vaccine must be given in two doses to be effective. Your second dose should be given 28 days after your first dose. To learn more about the vaccine please visit http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/.
As vaccine supplies increase, our ultimate goal is to offer COVID-19 vaccination to all Veterans who want to be vaccinated. Your care team will notify you when the vaccine is available to you.
Are you a Veteran who is not enrolled for VA health care? Find out if you are eligible to enroll in VA health care:• Apply online at How to apply for VA health care.
• Call VA toll-free at 1-877-222-8387, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Download the mailable VA Form 10-10EZ.
Note: You may be asked to provide your DD214 and income information.
We look forward to seeing you at our facility soon.